Sat, Jul 29|
Red Fox Shelter McDowell Nature Preserve
Nature Walk & Grounding Exercise
Join us for a 1.5 mile nature walk & a grounding journal practice, followed by lunch on the lake!
Time & Location
Jul 29, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDT
Red Fox Shelter McDowell Nature Preserve, 4X3F+QC, Charlotte, NC 28278, USA
About the event
This monthly event series is for betrayed partners who are interested in learning self care techniques and growing their community of support.
Join us 10am at Red Fox Shelter at McDowell Nature Preserve on July 29th to enjoy a 45-minute nature walk and a short grounding/journaling exercise. The goal is to connect with nature, meet new friends, and learn a skill to ground yourself when faced with triggers. Bring a notebook to practice the 54321 Method as we will reflect in nature and write in our notebook or journal for 10 minutes after the walk.
After our 1.5 mile walk and 10 minute journaling exercise, we'll head to nearby restaurant Papa Docs on Lake Wylie for lunch. You'll be responsible for paying for your meal and drinks.
Please feel free to forward this to invitation to anyone who is a betrayed partner.
More information below:
Nature Walk Location: Red Fox Shelter at McDowell Nature Preserve
- 1 miles, easy, Lake views
- Meet at the Red Fox Shel4er for the King Fisher Trail. Google Link: https://goo.gl/maps/WC1KJagKcr7SfAUp7
- Should take around 35 minutes
- Trail info:
Lunch Location: Papa Docs restaurant
- Papa Doc's Shore Club, 5 min drive from trail
- 3990 Charlotte Hwy, Lake Wylie, SC 29710
- Menu: https://papadocslkw.com/lake-wylie-papa-doc-s-food-menu
What is the 54321 Method?
A good grounding technique for managing being triggered or to help calm down during an anxiety attack is the practice of the 54321 method. We will practice this method in your journal in nature after the walk.
Using the 54321 method, you are isolating each one of your senses and observing a certain number of things using that specific sense.
1. Focus On 5 Things You Can See
2. Focus On 4 Things You Can Touch
3. Focus On 3 Things You Can Hear
4. Focus On 2 Things You Can Smell
5. Focus On 1 Thing You Can Taste
We will go into more detail at the event!
Note: It will be warm! Remember to dress comfortably, wear your sunscreen and bring a bottle of water.